Five Good Ideas Podcast
Five Good Ideas for demystifying digital transformation
In this session, originally recorded on April 22, 2021, we asked Marina Glogovac, President & CEO of CanadaHelps, to share five good ideas for demystifying digital transformation.
With a career spanning nearly three decades in technology and media (including working in the magazine industry during the shift to the internet), Marina knows the challenges that come from forced disruptions. She helps listeners understand what digital transformation actually means, and how to think about and approach this seemingly overwhelming task.
Five Good Ideas
- Digital transformation is not about technology.
- You need the right technology, and integration is important.
- You need a clearly defined vision and to address four areas: Internal productivity, donor and customer process, culture and roles, and new service and revenue models.
- Change must be resourced.
- Go digital or go dark. A sense of urgency and ongoing commitment to digital transformation is critical for future survival and success.
- CanadaHelps’ Whitepapers on Digital Fundraising.
- CanadaHelps’ Webinars on Digital Fundraising.
- “Unlocking success in digital transformations.” McKinsey & Company.
- The Giving Report 2021: Faster Growth in Online Giving Crucial During Times of Crisis. CanadaHelps.
- The Technology Fallacy. How People Are the Real Key to Digital Transformation. By Gerald C. Kane, Anh Nguyen Phillips, Jonathan R. Copulsky and Garth R. Andrus.
For the full transcript, visit https://maytree.com/five-good-ideas/demystifying-digital-transformation/
About Marina Glogovac
Marina Glogovac is President & CEO of CanadaHelps, a leader in providing fundraising and donation technology to charities and donors since 2000. She is passionate about charities and their essential role in Canada, and about building the capacity of the charitable sector through cutting-edge technology and high-quality education. Under her leadership since 2013, CanadaHelps has rapidly accelerated its growth trajectory, almost tripling the donations it facilitates for charities and dramatically expanding its offerings for both charities and donors.
Marina is an in-demand public speaker and panelist on the topics of digital transformation, social impact, innovation and disruption, and democratization of access to technology in the charitable sector. Marina regularly shares her perspective as a blogger for Huffington Post Canada, and is a past columnist for the Globe and Mail’s Leadership Lab.
Prior to joining CanadaHelps, Marina had a 25-year career in leading e-commerce, technology, and media companies, including as Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Revenue Officer at Lavalife Corp., Chief Marketing Officer at Kobo Inc., Chief Revenue Officer at Dealfind, and Group Publisher for St. Joseph’s Media, including their flagship magazine Toronto Life.
Marina has served on boards or advisory committees for The Walrus Magazine Foundation, Magazines Canada, Interactive Advertising Bureau Canada, Ontario Media Development Corporation, Bridgepoint Health Foundation, and Big Sisters Toronto.
A graduate of the University of Belgrade, Marina also holds a Master’s degree in Education, specializing in Organizational Learning and Change and Strategy Development, from the University of Toronto’s Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE).
Brought to you by Maytree Foundation of Five Good Ideas Podcast